Purchase Home Excess Insurance

  • Please choose your level of cover
  • terms-button-am-site-2
  • American Express
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Excess Cover Levels

Benefits – Exclusions – Documentation

Product Summary

Home Excess Protect (Buildings & Contents Excess Insurance)

Excess Protection Insurance provides consumers with peace of mind. This innovative solution reimburses your excess payments on your buildings and contents insurance policy, which means if you are unfortunate enough to have to claim then your excess protection insurance will cover you (Subject to the policy’s terms and conditions).


For example imagine if you spilt red wine on your lovely new cream carpet. If the replacement cost was £529 with a £300 excess, your insurers would settle the claim for £229 and your Excess Protection policy would reimburse you the £300 excess, ensuring you are not left out of pocket.(subject to terms and conditions).

How it Works?

You have to select the amount of cover you require for the year. The options available to you for a 12 month policy are:

  • Annual Cover – £150 = £18
  • Annual Cover £300 = £22
  • Annual Cover £500 = £28
  • Annual Cover £750 = £35
  • Annual Cover £100 = £44

Prices are inclusive of IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)

There is no limit to the number of claims you can make in a year, however you cannot exceed your annual cover limit.

So for example, if you have an excess of £300 on your buildings and contents insurance and you have only selected a £300 annual cover limit, then you can only claim the once.

If you’d selected the £1,000 annual cover limit then you could claim your £300 excess back three times, and we would still contribute the balance of £100 if you had to claim a fourth time.

Once your claim is settled by your buildings and contents insurer, you can then claim on Excess Protection – simply call the claims number or visit the claims website (details of which are provided in the key facts and the policy wording)

What’s Covered

Some of What’s covered?
Please refer to the full policy wording below for complete clarification on what eventualities are covered

Cover is provided for the reimbursement of the excess applicable under your home insurance policy for which you are responsible following the successful settlement of a physical damage claim arising as a result of accidental damage, fire, theft or vandalism.

  • Accidental Damage
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Fire

Just remember to check what excesses you are liable for within your buildings and contents insurance before purchasing Excess Protection Insurance

For a complete breakdown of Exclusions and Benefits then please refer to this products Fey Facts and Policy Wording documentation.

Save Money!

Save even more money

If you opt for a higher excess on your Buildings and Contents insurance policy and you protect it with Excess Protection, you might be able to bring your home insurance premium down, saving you even more money. Whether this action would prove to be worthwhile we dont know, Insurance companies often differ so check out all possible scenarios when talking to an insurance company.

Don’t forget though, that the higher the excess you have on your buildings and contents insurance, the higher the cost of the claim would need to be before your insurer will deal with the claim, and you cannot claim on Excess Protection if you cannot claim on your buildings and contents insurance.

Purchase Information


Please NOTE: Policies are generated automatically and will be ready for download once you complete your purchase. If for some reason you are not re-directed to your downloads page then please call one of our Agents on 0870 474 0148

If You Have Time Sharing This Page Would Be Very Much Appreciated

Goodbye Excess the one stop shop for all of your Excess Protection needs. Insurance premiums are going up and so are the excesses that insurance companies demand. Young drivers are hit the hardest so protect yourself TODAY! from a high and nasty Excess loss. Goodbye’s Motor Excess Insurance covers both cars and motorbikes so all you have to decide on is your level of cover and checkout. Happy Shopping!

RTR UK Limited is an appointed representative of Your Company Matters Limited, which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Ref 591949. RTR UK Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company No 05174365, Registered Address Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, S72 0HW.