Purchase Commercial Vehicle Excess Insurance

  • Please choose your level of cover
  • terms-button-am-site-2
  • American Express
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Excess Cover Levels

Benefits – Exclusions – Documentation

Product Summary

Commercial Vehicle Excess Protect
Excess Insurance For Commercial Vehicles Not Exceeding 3.5 tons

Commercial Vehicle Excess Protection Insurance provides peace of mind to business owners. This innovative solution reimburses your excess payments on your vehicle insurance policy whether that be a commercial or personal use policy, which means if you are unfortunate enough to have to claim on your car insurance then the excess on that insurance is covered up to the value of the excess protection that you have taken out, (subject to the policy’s terms and conditions).


For example if you or an authorised driver of your car had an accident and the claim cost was £2,687, and your excess was £500, then you would have to pay that £500 before the repair garage would release your vehicle. Or your car might be stolen, and your insurer would pay you the value of the car less that £500 excess. If an accident is not your fault but it takes longer than 6 months to get your excess back from the liable 3rd party then again you get paid out.

How it Works?

You have to select the amount of cover you require for the year. The options available to you for a 12 month policy are:

  • Annual Cover – £300 = £25
  • Annual Cover £500 = £45
  • Annual Cover £1000 = £70

Prices are inclusive of IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)

What’s Covered

Significant Features And Benefits
Cover is provided for the excess that you would have been responsible for following the successful settlement of any physical damage claim for your vehicle by your motor vehicle Insurer in respect of claims arising as a result of accidental damage, fire, theft, or vandalism.

The maximum amount payable under this policy depends on the level of cover selected and for whichh the appropriatre premium has been paid. Please refer to your policy schedule for your cover limit.

For cover to apply the excess of your main motor insurance policy must be exceeded by the value of the successful claim payment.

What Vehicles Are Eligible For Cover Under This Policy?

  • Vehicles used on a personal or a commercial basis and insured on a personal or commercial motor insurance Policy in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
  • Vehicles insured on a commercial fleet policy, but only where the total number of vehicles on that fleet policy does not exceed 30 or where the total number of vehicles owned by the company or trading entity purchasing this policy does not exceed 30.
  • Vehicles that weigh under 3.5 tonnes.

For a complete breakdown of Exclusions and Benefits then please refer to this products Fey Facts and Policy Wording documentation.


Save Money!

Save even more money

If you opt for a higher excess on your Buildings and Contents insurance policy and you protect it with Excess Protection, you might be able to bring your home insurance premium down, saving you even more money. Whether this action would prove to be worthwhile we dont know, Insurance companies often differ so check out all possible scenarios when talking to an insurance company.

Don’t forget though, that the higher the excess you have on your buildings and contents insurance, the higher the cost of the claim would need to be before your insurer will deal with the claim, and you cannot claim on Excess Protection if you cannot claim on your buildings and contents insurance.

Purchase Information


Please NOTE: Policies are generated automatically and will be ready for download once you complete your purchase. If for some reason you are not re-directed to your downloads page then please call one of our Agents on 0870 474 0148

If You Have Time Sharing This Page Would Be Very Much Appreciated

Goodbye Excess the one stop shop for all of your Excess Protection needs. Insurance premiums are going up and so are the excesses that insurance companies demand. Young drivers are hit the hardest so protect yourself TODAY! from a high and nasty Excess loss. Goodbye’s Motor Excess Insurance covers both cars and motorbikes so all you have to decide on is your level of cover and checkout. Happy Shopping!

RTR UK Limited is an appointed representative of Your Company Matters Limited, which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Ref 591949. RTR UK Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company No 05174365, Registered Address Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, S72 0HW.